When you or someone has been arrested for a drug charge, it is so important that you get professional help quickly. This doesn’t just involve hiring an attorney to help you, but also get released quickly from jail so you or your loved one can prepare for the assigned court date. If you need bail bonds for drug charges in Baton Rouge, LA, Independent Bail Bonds is here to help. We understand how overwhelming this type of situation can be, but we can make it a lot easier with our fast and easy bail bond services. Our bail bond company is open 24/7, so whether it’s in the middle of the night or on the weekend, you can reach us at 225-414-9999 to get the bail bond services that you need.
Drug Laws and Penalties
Drug charges are going to depend on if someone was selling, possessing, or manufacturing drugs. In the state of Louisiana, drugs are classified as schedules and there are five of them. The higher the schedule, the less severe the drug is. For example, a Schedule IV would be Xanax or valium, whereas a Schedule I drug is heroin, ecstasy, or LSD. Here are the penalties for these types of drug schedules
- Schedule I: If it’s your first offense, then you will only get prison time for six months and have to pay a fine that does not exceed $500. For Schedule I drugs that are not marijuana, the penalty is four to 20 years, with a fine of $5,000 or less. The maximum sentence that someone can get for any schedule I drug is life in prison with a fine of $50,000 or more.
- Schedule II: Being in the possession of a Schedule II drug is two to 60 years in prison, with a fine between $5,000 to $600,000. In cases when it’s dealing with selling and manufacturing, it’s going to vary from drug to drug.
- Schedule III: The penalty for possession of a Schedule III drug is up to five years in prison with a fine of $5,000 or more.
- Schedule IV: Schedule IV penalties include five years in prison or more and a fine of $5,000 or more. It’s important to note that if the charges are dealing with Flunitrazepam, you can get up to 10 years in prison.
- Schedule V: For possession, manufacturing, and selling of a Schedule V drug, there is a prison sentence of five years or more and a fine of $5,000 or more.
If you are someone you love needs bail bonds for drug charges in Baton Rouge, LA, don’t hesitate to call our bail bond company for help.
Get the Help You Need Today
At Independent Bail Bonds, we make the drug charge bail easy and quick. We don’t require that our clients fill out a ton of paperwork. We charge the 12% Premium required by state law along with jail fees. For qualified applicants, we offer 6% down financing with the other 6% being paid on a payment plan without interest. Once everything is filled out and paid, we will help release you or your loved one from jail. To find out more about our bail bonds for drug charges in Baton Rouge, LA, call us at 225-414-9999.